I took pictures of New Town a couple weeks ago and was surprised to find out that it is 600 years old! (not very new to me! haha). But, I talked with a good friend that I have met here. My good friend explained to me that Old Town used to be in the center of the City and when the city got too big for this center of the City a new part was built therefore creating Old and New town. As it turns out now neither are near Metro Centrum now because when the Russians came in they wanted the center of the City to be focused around their Palace of Science and Culture. Therefore the center of the city was moved away from Old and New town. Anyway, hope that is not too confusing. Here are some pictures of New Town.
600 years New Town (in 2008)
Looking for peace and hoping to share some peace here
Ben
No comments:
Post a Comment